Starting with the 2nd Dubai International Peace Music Festival (for Young Virtuosos), EYSO started organizing International competitions for Violin and Piano by inviting young talented musicians to Dubai to participate in a competition and perform with EYSO orchestra during the festival. The following are the rules and regulations for participation in these competitions.
Competitions are usually held during the week before the festival opening in front of an international jury. The winners will also perform during the festival as a recital or solo with the Orchestra.
General Conditions: (Applies to International Participants)
· Participants in the festival Competition must be under 20 years of age.
· Each participant to the competition must prepare a short repertoire in addition to the festival and competition program. (Preferable several short virtuoso pieces as opposed to one long piece).
· All competitors will receive a certificate of participation while the winners of the first and second rounds will receive a certificate of achievement and a commemorative gift.
· There will be cash prizes the amount of which will depend on our festival funding and pledges of sponsorship from our supporters.
· All participants in the competition are required to partake in all the festival rehearsals and concerts and play the entire festival orchestra program with the Emirates Youth Symphony Orchestra.
The competition Jury will consist of recognized and accomplished music professors headed by the Violinist Mr. Riad Kudsi, who is the Director of the Festival, the founder and Conductor of the Emirates Youth Symphony Orchestra. Names of Jury members are announced before few months before the competition date.
International Travel and Accommodation
All international travel expenses of the participating musicians and chaperons shall be paid by the participants. Hotel accommodation and 3 buffet meals a day for those invited will be provided by the organizers of the Festival including transportation to and from concerts. Travel to UAE from country of origin will be at the expense of the participant.
All accompanying parents, teachers or chaperons not invited by the orchestra can attend at their own expense.
All participation fees and expense information are mentioned in the annual competition announcement